Monday, October 22, 2007

Crafting for Home


I took a brief break from sewing for Patty fair to do a little crafting for home. I picked up this reversible spider web fabric a few months ago not knowing exactly what I'd do with it. I had already made the kids trick or treat bags last year, so finally I decided on this table runner.

Xander just loves it. It's great to have a kid who really likes my crafting work. Every time he sees a new tote or handbag in the morning, he'll comment, "Nice one, Mom!" Or something like that.

And speaking of totes and handbags, I've made a few this week. But I don't have any good photos. Now that it's October it's barely light out when I leave for work, and it's almost dark by the time I get home with the kids at night. I hate using the flash, so I'm going to have to figure out how to take photos of all those projects that I usually finish up at 1 a.m.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Do you think Xander will be crafty? Jaxon loves to pull apart my sewing machine and wear my fabric scraps, so maybe he will be!

5:15 AM  
Blogger jolie said...

I love it! How do you do it? Xander is a clever boy as he has quite a mom! I miss you. I want to commission you to do some cool curtain for me to cover this shelving area in our hallway... if you have any time after Patty Fair and before xmas let me know as it would be so cool. It is just a simple curtain that I can hang on a shower type rod I think. I have to areas that need covering up and it would be so cool to have you find some amazing material and I can pay you. I miss you! Jolie

6:01 PM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

isn't it nice to be appreciated:)

happy haloween, looks like you are getting into the spirit of things.

-kimberlee

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home