Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cutting myself off


I had the best intentions. Really. Last weekend I decided it was time to work through my stash and stop spending so much money on fabric. I made three bags from Amy Butler fabric that I bought more than a year ago. I even talked to Robyn about it at work on Monday. I was serious.

Then, Monday afternoon, I went into the fabric store to check the starting time of my serger class on Tuesday. And walked out with a yard and a half of new fabric. So much for willpower. Good thing I've never tried heroin.

:: messenger bag with brand-spankin-new fabric ::

:: how could I resist the fabric I used for the lining? ::

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

The pics of this bag are half as cute as the real thing. This bag is a great size and shape. Your work is really good. Patty Fair will be a dangerous event for me.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful bag. At least it was only a yard and a half of new fabric. :)

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, the thought was there with not buying more fabric.
You must come up with another name for that little person who buys fabric....."it wasn't me"
The bag is great.
ps. My cousin and I are Betty & Veronica from the Archie comics when we get together drinking.....
"It wasn't me"

2:47 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's a sickness, Heidi. We need to start a 12 step program.

5:54 PM  
Blogger SilverLining Designs said...

Nice bag. I like how you did the patchwork on the front. I totally know the feeling of having no wilpower when it comes to fabric... I am usually pretty good, but when it comes to fabric FORGET IT! :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wonderful bag!! I love it! I've told myself so many times I'm done buying fabric for a while but it never holds...

4:52 PM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

don't worry, you are not the only fabric addict out there. are their support groups yet?

-kimberlee

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home