Sunday, September 23, 2007

Serger Class


The second (and final) part of my serger class last Tuesday was fantastic. The instructor would hand us some odd fabric pairings, tell us to set all our dials to the default position, and then serge. Of course, she was attempting to make our machines behave badly. And, when they did, she let us try to figure out how to fix the problems.

By the end of class I was able to do the four-stitch overlock on several different types of fabric, started working on a three-stitch overlock, and did even did a rolled edge. Yippee!

The rest of the week was kind of a blur: entertaining external partners after work, seeing Kyle Cooper speak at CSCA, going out with Kevin to celebrate his birthday on Saturday, and then having out of town guests in today.

Things are going to settle down a little this week, leaving me with some time to practice what I learned at class before I forget everything.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm so jealous! I wanted to come up to see Kyle Cooper but couldn't make it...

5:22 PM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

good teacher, setting you up to fail, ha! but it actually sounds like a good system.

-kimberlee

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home