Friday, August 31, 2007

Not exactly what I was going for...


Last night, when I should have been doing anything pertaining to getting ready for Quinn's party, I instead whipped up this new bag style I've been thinking about.

It's not exactly what I was going for. It's a little wider, and not quite tall enough. I was picturing a little more curve at the opening. And, I wanted to fold in the sides at the top near the handles to give it a little extra curve, but my machine totally rebelled against going through the 12 layers of fabric there, so I had to give up on that.

At least, for once, I didn't try my latest idea with my favorite-fabric-of-the-moment. It only took me five or six times to learn to perfect a new style before bringing out the fabric you really want to use.

I'd love to try again today, but I really, really need to get going on Quinn's party preparations. I bought her a little bike, and it needs to be assembled. I think I should plan on spending about 12 to 14 hours on that one today, given my track record with assembly projects. Directions and I just don't get along.

:: 2 pockets, and a magnetic closure ::


:: Should have been working on turning this into a fox shirt for Quinn ::

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SilverLining Designs said...

The bag looks great and I love the surprise red inside. Isn't it always the way. When you really have something that has to get done you always find something else you want to do.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home