Sunday, November 18, 2007

Perfect Crafting Weekend



Ahhh. What a weekend! What a perfect crafting weekend. Friday evening Kevin went out with some friends, so I was able to catch up on some things around the house and cut some tote fabric for sewing later.

Then, on Saturday, I met the lovely and talented Amy Butler at her trunk show at a local fabric store. She was really warm and friendly, and started the conversation off by asking me what *I* was working on.

I asked her about her new lines coming out, (pay attention in January and July) and then cheesed it up enough to ask for an auto and a photo. She complied with both. Of course, I bought more fabric, which I really should have resisted, and have started working on more totes.

If you haven't done so already, you need to check out Amy's new book
Midwest Modern
which is really amazing. Great photography, great inspiration.

Then, if that wasn't enough, there was a great indie craft show Tiny Canary that I attended on Sunday. There were 40 or so really talented crafters there and I was able to meet several local artist that I really admire. Including, yumi yumi who remembered what I bought from her on Etsy four months ago. Wow, impressive. She's a lovely and talented lady who was nice enough to let me snap a quick photo of her in her booth. Which was swamped with people almost the enitre time I was at the show.

I also picked up this amazing fox print for Quinn from the tugboat printshop

And a set of these lovely owl ornaments from Craftpaca


Nice.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SilverLining Designs said...

What a great weekend indeed!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a perfect weekend!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The book is on my Christmas list...and I keep meaning to head over Granville for a visit to Amy's studio, but it just hasn't happened.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

It was wonderful getting a chance to meet Heidi! Thank you so much for coming and for your kind words :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

ooops, i meant to say, "it was wonderful getting a chance to meet YOU, Heidi".......

8:23 PM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

oh that does look like fun

happy thanksgiving

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home