Monday, October 09, 2006

Quilt Monday


Kevin the kids and I spent a nice weekend on his parent’s tree farm this past weekend. I asked Laurie, my Mother-in-law, about some of the quilts in the house and unfolded them and told me all about their history. I learned that Kevin has quilters on both sides of his family (yes, I’m feeling a bit inadequate right now) and that those women could do some pretty interesting things with feedsack fabrics. I really want to try a quilt of my own this winter. Although nothing this complicated at first. Or this big (one of the quilts was nine feet by seven feet!). I think I’ll start with something crib-sized for Quinnie.







Laurie also showed me this nice bit of redwork done by Kevin’s grandma.



She also gave Quinnie these two dolls made of wool that she used to play with in the late forties.


The kids had a great time on the farm. It’s woolybear season and the kids found a bunch of them to watch. They also enjoyed “driving” the tractors and doing other farm-related activities.

This week I’m hoping to make some headway on the kids Halloween bags. I’m not happy with my color choices for the wool felt I bought, but It’s getting too late for me to order anything else. I’m going to just keep going with what I have. If you don’t hear from me before then, I’ll post my progress on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home