Monday, September 18, 2006

Handbag Ideas

Okay, so I’m back on the handbag bandwagon and I’m thinking about what to try next. My friend, Beth sent me these two designs
She had found online.


I’m pretty interested in doing something like this that would utilize grommets, but I think these particular handles are a bit too chunky to be useful. Something a bit slimmer might be nice.


Something like this second one from the Keeta-Collection could make use of my growing pile of kimono square scraps. But those patchwork bags to take a lot of time to put together. I might try something a little simpler to keep things moving along.

Speaking of Beth, she has a new blog that focuses on her passion for furniture refinishing and upholstery. She just made a trip to Cleveland to pick up some items she won on eBay – this from a woman who has a brand new baby at home! Talk about dedication!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Love these designs. Love the handbags you make. Elephant patterns - try looking through the books at Crafting Japanese for a pattern or on Craftster I think I have seen one there.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home