Sunday, September 17, 2006

Shoulder bag made from vintage child's kimono fabric



On Friday, Kevin and I went to a surprise birthday party for our friend, Jake. I ended up being surprised when my good friend Jolie gave me a birthday present too. I actually made my first handbag out of vintage kimono fabric for Jolie’s birthday back in April. Jolie knew that I was looking for some nice vintage girls kimono fabric for handbags, and that I was having trouble finding anything at a reasonable price. Girl’s kimonos are hard to find in good condition because kids are more likely to stain and rip their clothes.

Anyhow, Jolie was able to track down this wonderful fabric and I was just thrilled to get such a thoughtful gift from her. I knew right away what I wanted to do with it. I actually started on it late Saturday evening, after arriving home after an evening out with Kevin and the kids, and ended up finishing it this afternoon while the kids napped.




I’m really happy with the way it turned out. I’m going to bring it to work with me tomorrow. It will be the first time I’ve brought one of my hand-made items to work since starting with this new company two weeks ago. It has two inside pockets and a plastic insert in the bottom to help the bag keep its shape.

Oh, and the button is vintage from a great eBayer named Gwen in Canada. Her buttons are great, and she will sometimes even include an extra button gift with your purchase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Love the way you designed the composition of the fabric to fit the bag. And I just spent 15 minutes looking at buttons on eBay!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home