Sunday, September 10, 2006

Textile Design Book



Starting my new job this past week has really cut into my evening crafting time. I’m sure it will be another week or so until I feel like I don’t need to do a couple of hours of ‘homework’ each night in order to prepare for my next day’s meetings.

So, I don’t have much interesting to report now. My sewing machine is gathering dust, and I’m not even sure what I’ll work on next.

But, I did get this great book, Textile Designs, in the mail to kind of sustain me. As the cover suggests, it’s just packed with pages and pages (464 in total) of fabric patterns that are divided into floral, geometric, conversational, and ethnic and also by movements and period styles.

It’s a great resource, and is making me think again about getting started on a bit of custom fabric design for some of my handbags.

2 Comments:

Blogger hello@marialuisagarcia.info said...

Hi!
I love that book! It's a great reference. There's also 1,000 Patterns by Drusilla Cole that I'm sure you'll enjoy too.
See you around ;)

1:54 PM  
Blogger My Happy Turtle said...

Thanks for the book title! I hadn't see that one before. I checked it out on Amazon and will probably be ordering it next time I'm a bit shy of the 'super saver' shipping discount. ;-)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home