Monday, May 05, 2008

the curse of threes


It turns out I did come back from Chattanooga with bronchitis. And a sinus infection. And then, late last week, I came down with fifth disease. And, although not being a particularly vain person, I was a bit embarrassed to show up at work with all of those spots.

The upside was that I had the perfect excuse to lay low this weekend and find stuff to do around the house. The weather cooperated with my plan on Saturday by spitting down rain and keeping me indoors. Now that it's finally warm out, we moved our bed back into our bedroom and I started setting up my new sewing/crafting room. The kids have been a big "help" by sorting fabrics and spools of thread into piles based on color. I should have photos to post by this weekend.


Earlier in the week I finished up the quilt in the above photos for the Four Season Quilt Swap. I put a lot of thought and time into it, but I've pretty much been shamed by the other quilters, who all seem to have tons more talent/experience. My partner should have received her quilt today, and I hope she is happy with her newbie creation. I have lots to learn!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That quilt is amazing!!! I love everything about it. :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger SuBee said...

Whoo-hoo!! It came, it came! It came the long way, lol, but it's here! And Heidi - I love it, and I love that you put so much thought into it, and I love the fabric (!WOWSA!) and I caught the reference to gardening right away. I told my Hunny it reminded me of an old favorite story about Mr. McGregors garden before I even read your note, so your thoughts translated into fabric very very nicely. Great job!
Your litle zipper pouch is amazing, and it's already at work. I'm the worlds worst for dropping change loose into my purse but I put it all into that wonderful little bag. I'm so envious - I can't set a zipper to save my life.
Now I have to go check out the rest of your blog - it's so nice to "meet" you!
Thank you!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home