Monday, February 18, 2008

seeing spots


I finished the leopard quilt this weekend. It only took a week from start to finish, which is pretty fast quilting for me! I'm so happy with it, and Xander loves it too. Quinn is feeling a little jealous and is asking when I'll have hers done. I'm afraid that it's going to take a bit longer than a week since I'll be out of town for a few days. Luckily, she's luckily enough to have a big brother who is good at sharing, so they both were wrapped up in his quilt this morning.

The finished, washed size is about 44" x 64"


And now it's all nicely fluffed-up and puckery.


For Quinn's version, I'll be using browns and yellows. Including the top fabric pictured here that I got from Jamie over at PhatFabrics. Jamie is a lovely seller and I'll be buying from her again. Check out her store, she has some great deals going on now. She's on both eBay and Etsy.


In knitting, I learned both increasing and decreasing this week, and am looking forward to getting a little practice time in on the plane. I'm also working on a digital photo project for my friend Lynne. I'll be posting that once I'm a little further along.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Jean said...

what a great quilt! and in a week? that's speedy. good for you!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the fabric! Oh so cute.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Looks great! Xander is a lucky boy...and no monkeys for Quinn??

Enjoy your trip! Does this mean you won''t be at book club?

4:04 PM  
Blogger Pretty Ditty said...

What a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see Quinn's quilt. Thanks for mentioning my shop =)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home