Sunday, February 03, 2008

recap


I meant to post about three times this past week. But I never felt like putting down what I was working on and firing up the computer. So here's the Sunday evening recap.

Week three of knitting lessons got us started on this washcloth sampler. I think I might be brewing a nasty knitting addiction. I even took this with me last night when Kevin and I went over a friends house. Just give me a handful of cats and I can be *that* crazy girl now. Eeek.

It was a great mail week, something new showed up on three different days. I got the latest Craft magazine - chock full of cuteness, as usual.


I also ordered more of the Echino fabric from Repro Depot. After finishing the cheating quilt, I immediately wished that I had made it a little larger. So I picked up these two prints with the idea that I'll make two 5' x 7' blankets, one for Xander and one for Quinn.


I'd like to be one of those piece-as-you-go quilting types, but I feel the need to do at least a little bit of planning, if only to keep me from buying twice as much fabric as I need. I started working on this little sketch, and the next thing I know, Xander had gotten a hold of it and was putting little 'X's' in the three large circles I had drawn. I asked him what he was doing, and he said that he wanted that quilt to be for him, so he was making sure I knew by putting his initials on it. Nice.


And if that wasn't enough mail fun, I also got this hardbound printed book I put together from my 2007 photographs using blurb.com. I'm so happy with the results!

The quality of the printing is great - better than whoever Apple uses for their iPhoto books. And, blurb.com is way, way cheaper too.

The largest book you can get from Apple is 100 pages, and it will cost you $120. The book I got this year is 160 pages, and cost me $38.00. Yeah, I hate to say it, being the Mac-elitist that I am, but when it comes to book printing, I'm leaving them for blurb.

Here's a couple of more snaps of some of the inside pages:

:: Xander and Quinn shot in a makeshift 'studio' in our living room ::

:: Apple picking back in September ::

:: Shots from our trip to Mexico ::

Incidentally, all of the shots on the recap post today were taken with my camera in manual mode, not auto. I'm still sticking to my homework assignment of taking at least one photo a day in manual mode. I'm determined to keep the flash off as much as possible, which continues to be a challenge in the winter in Ohio.

One final photo - Quinn asked me to stop taking photos of all of the 'stuff' and take a few of her. As you can see, we spent a lazy Sunday day at home, in our jammies, and I didn't even get around to brushing her hair. She loves days like this.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm glad somebody has caught the knitting bug -- I keep wanting to love it but I just can't get into it. I think I'll try a loom...

3:50 PM  
Blogger barbhap said...

Oh MY! another crazy knitting girl? Knitting is addicting... but also therapy. I love the book.. great idea!
Have fun.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your blurb book looks wonderful!!! your photography is outstanding. I like the start of your knitting addiction, too. :)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thx for the resource of blurb. I am going to use them for my next vacation book and maybe even my portfolio. And good job keeping up with the homework. Not easy, I know.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are amazing...you constantly make me tired...I want just a small fraction of your energy. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blurb book. If I could only be motivated to look through my THOUSANDS of pictures...I am forever in AWE.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home