Monday, January 28, 2008

'cheating' quilt complete


It's finished! The only thing I don't like about the 'totally cheating' quilt is that I can't seem to snap a good photo of it. I finished it up yesterday and got it in the wash today. It's now all full of dimpled, puckered quilty goodness. I love it!

I tied off each square with 100% wool yarn, and it felted a bit more than I had hoped in the wash. Still, I'm really happy with the results. Especially the binding. Which is hands-down the best I've ever done, thanks to a couple of tips from Lynne.

Xander and Quinn love it and spent evening 'sharing it' since it isn't large enough for both of them to snuggle under together.

Despite the lack of photos (hurry up, Spring! I need light after 6:30 pm!), I had a great crafting week. I learned the purl stitch this week in knitting class. Now I know what they mean by "knit one, purl two". I think I remember that from old Bugs Bunny cartoons. Strange.

I also took a photography lesson from Ray. I've had a Nikon D-70 for the past couple of years, and I've hardly ever taken it off of 'auto'. Kind of crazy since I took photography way back in high school and have at least a basic knowledge of camera theory.

For homework, I have to take photos every day on manual, for 30 days. The quilt photos are day 1. As you can see, there's lots of room for improvement.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SilverLining Designs said...

If you have any tips you want to share on the photography lessons you are taking... I would love to hear them. I have a Nikon D-80 that I got last July and keep telling myself that one of my "plans" for this year is to take a photography course.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the cheater quilt! I've bookmarked that fabric so I can copy the idea for a lap quilt someday...

6:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your quilt looks great!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your quilt looks beautiful.
Expecially love the binding too.
Isn't it satisfying when the binding goes right.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice quilt! I know what you mean about spring needing to hurry up - it is much harder to take pictures in the winter!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home