Sunday, June 03, 2007

Giving In



My kids are getting old enough to ask for things. So, a few weeks ago when I heard the ice cream truck in the neighborhood, I put it on the list of things that I was going to be tough about. I mean, come on, $3.00 for a stupid push up? No way. As you can see, my resolve lasted for exactly... a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure how it happened, but I was getting the kids out of the car today while I was on the phone. The ice cream truck came around. The kids started yelling and running up to the truck. The conversation I was having was serious and I didn't want to hang up. The truck slowed down. I looked at the truck driver and shook my head "no". He sped back up.

Then, the roofers who were at my house at the time (don't ask) jumped down and ran over to the truck and flagged him down.
The truck backed up right to my driveway and the roofers started picking out treats.

My kids went wild. I couldn't get off the phone. I found myself handing over six dollars for two spider man popsicles.

Five minutes after this photo was taken I had two kids covered in red and blue dye that only half came off in the bath. I'm pretty sure that my resolve against the ice-cream truck has been renewed today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home