Sunday, May 20, 2007

Working and Playing

We'll it's been another three weeks with no blog updates. I think I need to make a Spring resolution to get back on the blog-wagon!

We've been enjoying a lovely Spring here in Ohio, and it's kept me from my sewing machine. I just love being able to get out of the house after a long winter and tend to the flower gardens and play in the yard. And with daylight savings coming three weeks early this year, I've been spending a lot of time outdoors in the evenings. I've also started running (me! lazy me!) and am really enjoying it.

I've also been:

Playing with my little Xander (the Bunny - who always comes over to his Mom for a quick snuggle).


Playing with my little Quinn (the Birdie - who is always trying to fly away).


Making this purse for my friend Tim, who gave it to his wife for Mother's Day. I love the cute cherry fabric and the leather button.


Making this purse for my friend Patty, who gave it to her sister for her Birthday. This one is fully quilted and has lots of inside and outside pockets.


Throwing a going away party for our good friends Jolie, Alan and Sadie, who are moving to New York in two weeks. I was finally able to give Jolie her armwarmers, made by the lovely and talented woman over at Treehouse28 (she loved them!)

Shopping for fabric. Getting inspired. And working very, very hard at my day job.

But, I do have a few new messenger bag and tote ideas floating around in my head that I'm eager to try, so I think I'll send out for a new batch of movies from Netflix and dedicate some time to sewing this week.