Thursday, May 31, 2007

New Old Bags

My good friend Jolie is moving to the big apple tomorrow, and we got together tonight to drink a little wine (okay, a little more than a little) and take some photos before she locked up her house for the last time. It gave me an opportunity to also take some photos of these two bags I made for her a while back.

This one I gave to her for her birthday last year. It's actually the first bag I ever made (a tube bag for my first try?! what was I thinking?) and it turned out pretty good, all things considered. The middle section is deadstock vintage cotton kimono fabric. Jolie has used this bag so much that she actually wore out the lining! I whipped up a new lining so she could get more use out of the bag.


This one she bought from me back in December at a craft show I was doing. It's one of my all time favorites. The bunny material is pre-world war two cotton cloth from a child's kimono. I just love the leapfrogging bunnies!



Jolie invited a bunch of her friends over so she could take photos of us for her new job. She wanted girls from all different sizes and shapes in order to have some stock photos of 'real women.' Here she is taking a couple of snaps of me.


For the record, I do appreciate Jolie not saying out loud that I was there to fullfill a requirment for a body type most resembling a 12 year old boy. Curves? Anywhere? Nope.

I found out that I have been tagged by Beth but I'm too tired tonight to think of seven interesting things. I promise to get that posted early next week. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy a lovely weekend with my husband (sans kids) and some friends up at Kelly's Island.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm still so jealous Jolie snagged the bunny bag before I got my hands on it!!

The cherry fabric is a Robert Kauffman print I got on eBay. I had to scout a lot of auctions to get it for a reasonable price!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home