Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two new totes

So, true to my word, I'm back on the sewing-wagon. I made myself sit down Sunday night and try a new tote idea that was floating around in my head. I had this great leftover cherry fabric from a diaper bag that I made for a friend over a year ago. I recently used some of it in a bag for my friend's wife for Mother's day. The whole time I was sewing that bag I was thinking about how my sister would just *love* this fabric. She's been faithfully carrying around a bag that I made for her back in the fall. And all the orange and deep blues look a bit off in the Spring. I can't wait to give this to her when I see her later in the week!

I love the wooden button and the white piping. But I thought that maybe the bag itself was a bit long. Hard to reach all the way to the bottom for your keys....

So, Monday night, I tried again and came up with this. I've been waiting to use a bit of this fabric since I brought it back from New York in February (why, oh why did I only buy one yard?!) and am reallly happy with how this one came together. I found fabric for the lining that almost completely matches the blue on the exterior. There are two inside pockets. One closes with velcro. But, it's a little short.


I'm feeling a bit like Goldilocks now, but tomorrow I might try one that is just an inch or so longer in both the bag and the handle. Maybe that one will be just right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hi Heidi. So glad you are back on the "sewing wagon!" There was no comment button on your last post so I was planning on emailing you the "tag," glad you found it!

Get yourself to JoAnn and visit the notions aisle. You will find ThermoWeb Iron-On Vinyl in 2 yard rolls. It's with the ultrabond. It rocks! I love it so much I went online and bought a 5 yard package.

I still love the cherry fabric (carry my nappy bag daily) and I really like the "extra long" tote. Of course, I have extra long arms.

Longest. Comment. Ever.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home