Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jolie Clutch - Patchwork Version



Phew! Just in time to meet the deadline, I finished a commissioned bag this morning for my friend Jolie. She's giving it to a good friend of hers for her birthday. I made the original Jolie Clutch for Jolie's birthday, and I keep forgetting to borrow it back so I can photograph it!

Anyhow I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I love the fabric and the whole feel and weight of the bag is perfect. Here are some more shots of it since I'm just so darn happy. Look at how great that tag looks!









I really need to get about a dozen or so pieces completed so I can open a little happy turtle online shop. I'd like to get started now (I have a couple of new handbag ideas running around in my head) but I need to plan a birthday party for Quinn, and that is going to take up my spare time this week. I can't believe my little monkey is going to be two years old!

2 Comments:

Blogger moosh in indy. said...

Your bags are beautiful! Have you ever done a diaper bag? Someday I'll get to use adorable bags like yours again.

8:28 AM  
Blogger My Happy Turtle said...

Casey, thanks for the compliment! I’ve got two rug-rats myself, so I know what you mean about carrying small bags around – it’s hard to do right now. I have made a couple of diaper bags. They are listed as beach bags back in the June archives. The pattern was
actually intended for use as a diaper bag, and I made the first one for a friend who just had a baby. I then made a modified version for my sister and I to use to take to the beach. But as it turns out, I was just hauling the same stuff that was in my diaper bag, so I just went ahead and switched all my diaper bag stuff into it. ~heidi

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home