Friday, August 22, 2008

Green, brown and orange


We're still enjoying tons of fresh veggies from the garden. Quinn picked these two lovely peppers tonight, and they'll end up being a stuffed pepper lunch for the both of us tomorrow. I'm so happy I have one kid who really enjoys growing and eating veggies. The boys in the house are merely tolerant of vegetables.

I managed to pull together two more Pattyfair prototypes this week between attempting to catch up at work (fail) and getting Xander ready for Kindergarten (pass).

I bought these handles two years ago, and never quite found the right place for them. But after picking up another yard of Joel Dewberry's sparrows and woodgrain, I found the perfect fit.


I only have two more pairs of these handles, so I think I'll simply choose some of my other existing fabrics, make the same shaped bag, and be done with that!


Then, I finished up this simply, plushy tote. I had planned on using the cute deer patches I picked up at Craftin' Outlaws, but when I ironed the seams open, the patch melted off! Jeeze. Good thing I didn't use them on a dress for quinn or something!


The brown patch in the middle is actually a pocket for a cell phone. No one likes digging through a big tote bag trying to find their ringing phone.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I have the Joel Dewberry line set aside for a baby set for Pattyfair, Maybe we can talk the same person into buying both!

4:20 AM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

those peppers are huge!

in NZ we call them capsicums, which I found confusing at first.

also those handles look great with the wood grain fabric, a whole tree bag :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good handbag, beautiful.Not like the LV handbag supplier

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home