Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Break

It's been a lovely summer break around here. There's been so much going on, I took blogging off my to-do list. I've barely even surfed around to see what you all have been up to either. I just started poking around a few days ago when we got back from a nice long vacation. You've all been so busy! So many interesting projects going on out there. I'm ready to jump back in with both feet.

Here's a bit of what I've been up to:

:: getting oodles of lovelies from Sew to Speak ::


:: working on this slouch hobo-style bag for myself ::


:: hitting the beach. hard. for two weeks ::


:: knitting this hat from One Skein for a friend's new baby ::


:: burp cloths made from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern collection ::


:: got some lovely new yarns ::


:: turned them into felted bowls for thread ::


:: owls have taken over a few ::


:: turned some of Xander's monster art into this canvas wall piece ::


:: finished this custom order for Kate ::


:: the inside is as fun as the outside ::


:: we grew our first hanging tomato garden ::


:: and discovered wasp-larva covered tomato caterpillars ::


:: completed a challenging (and fun) custom order ::


:: a gig bag for Elisa ::


:: she has already taken it on tour with her ::


There it is. The brief history of our summer. For the next few weeks, we'll be busy getting Xander ready for kindergarten. Celebrating my birthday and Quinn's birthday. And Kevin and I will be taking a short trip to Vegas without the kids (of course!).

But I'm sure I'll get a little crafting (and posting) squeezed in there somewhere.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh goodness, Heidi. I don't know what is more shocking; your beautiful bags (can't wait to see the hobo completed!!) or the fact that Xander is starting Kindergarten!!

I took a hand quilting class and just started my first full-size project. Maybe we should change book club into craft night!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer! Love the bags, so creative.

6:52 AM  
Blogger SuBee said...

Hey, welcome back! You sure have had a full summer. I love the picture of the little ones sitting in water - great pic! Now - I'm totally creeped out by the tomato worms, but really fascinated too - fantastic pic of that!

8:42 AM  
Blogger SilverLining Designs said...

Hi there, I love how you turned the monster art into that wall canvas. It looks amazing! What did you use? Pieces of wood and it looks like cork? Looks like you have had a very relaxing summer break, but productive too.

~Diana

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home