Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oodles of Inspiration

This was the perfect weekend to bridge the gap between vacation and work. The weather was perfect. The garden veggies were abundant. The kids were content.

On Saturday I took Xander with me to Craftin' Outlaws, one of the larger hipster craft shows in town. There was so much inspiration there, I just had to start on some new projects that afternoon. A day and a half later, I have three new projects started, and one completed. Boy did I miss my sewing machine while I was out of town! (I've come to terms with the fact that makes me a bit pathetic).

Here's some of the cards and chatchkies Xander and I picked up while we were there. Lot's of people had business cards with monsters on them, and Xander grabbed every one of them.


I think I stunned Erica by spending only three dollars at the show. These cute patches were just too hard to pass by. If only Quinn would let me make a dress for her. One of these would be great on the front of an A line dress.


Before we headed out for the show, we had lunch made from veggies fresh from my garden. I love this time of year, when you pick your lunch right before lunch.


Then today, I started cutting up my latest haul from Sew to speak, and thanks to Quinn, who decided that spending two hours in the sewing room with me sounded like fun, I was able to finish this handbag up before dinner.


I put in a pleat on the outside of the bag, and then struggled a bit to figure out how to work out the dimensions on the inside of the bag. In the end, I put the pleat in, and then sewed it up so small items wouldn't get lost in there. If only I had paid more attention during geometry in high school! Oh well. In any case, it looks good. And it has a small cell phone pocket, and a magnetic snap closure.


Quinn, who feels she contributed greatly to this project, insisted that she model for a photo. If you ask me, she looks great with blue and brown.


Since I made this handbag with no particular reason in mind, I guess I have officially started making bags for Pattyfair. One down, 49 or so to go.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

How funny -- just yesterday I was thinking I should get started on Pattyfair...

Too bad you also grew zucchini, my garden yield has been about 10 big zucchini and more coming!

And don't feel pathetic about missing our machine, I considered carrying it onto the airplane so o I would have it in LA. Think of how much I would have been able to do alone in a hotel room! No toddler terrorist demanding my attention!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

my family and I went camping for just 2 nights last weekend and I missed my sewing machine terribly. I am glad I am not the only one who suffers from this! :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger kimberlee said...

what a great bag, and she looks so proud.

I am coveting your summer, all those fresh veggies, sunshine skin, and bright light. sigh. I am so over winter!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH, god. I like this best. Are you a Gucci handbag supplier

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home