Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!



We're taking a little rest between a couple of parties that are going on today. We started bright and early this morning by riding on our street's float. The kids and I spent several evenings last week putting poms in the frame. It was all finished up last night around 7pm. The theme was "through the ages" and to honor Ohio we build small replicas of a varitey of planes from the first one that the Wright brothers flew, through WWII planes. The float itself was the space shuttle. We used an old school bus as the frame. It was amazing. I wasn't able to take any really good shots of us in the float, because I was in it with the kids. But if I get any later I'll add them to this post.

My town is pretty much crazy for the Fourth of July. Most streets shut down, everyone pulls their grill to the front yard, and it's an all-day celebration. We have two more parties to hit this afternoon before the fireworks (I hope we have fireworks. It looks like rain).

The kids are all tuckered out from the whole parade thing. So I think we're all going to take a group nap now. Have a happy Fourth!

:: Our Space Shuttle float stole the show ::


:: The view from the front - it's huge! ::


:: On the float - waiting for the hatches to open so we can pop up in front of the judges ::


:: Waving to the peeps ::


:: The crowd loved it! ::


:: "We did it!" ::


:: Enjoying some well-deserved watermelon ::


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Goodness, Heidi, freakin' Arlington! I cannot believe you guys used a bus for a float. Too funny!

Today is the last day I have to prepare for Jaxon's party. Wish me luck!

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home