Monday, January 01, 2007

Would you like some global warming with your Winter?


Like most moms, I kind of dread the winter. Kids trapped in the house all day. The half-hour or so it takes to get everyone bundled up to go run simple errands. But then, this year has been different. Actually, the past several years have been different.

On December 29th I woke up, made myself some coffee and started reading the paper. Temperatures of 60 degrees were predicted. I did the obvious thing in this circumstance. I took the kids to the zoo.

It's true that the animals are more active in the cooler temperatures. We saw a lot and had a great time. Well, the kids had a great time, anyhow. I was a bit uneasy. Really, should I be able to go out of the house at the end of December with the kids without a coat? I put the kids in sweat jackets, but they really didn't need them.

We bought a sled for the kids for Christmas. But I think we'll be lucky if we're able to use it this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home