Thursday, August 23, 2007

August Birthdays



August is a busy month for birthdays. Mine is on the 25th, Quinn turns 3 on the 28th, and my dad's birthday is on the 29th. I'm able to pretty easily ignore my own birthday now that Quinn's is three days later. And now that I'm in a long stretch of not really getting any benefit of adding years, it's nice to have an excuse to overlook it.

But, I have to admit that Quinn's kind of snuck up on me this year. I realized a few days ago that I hadn't sent out invitations yet, or even come close to thinking up a theme. This is pretty sad considering that last year she got homemade softies and t-shirts from me for her wild house monkey party. This year, um.... yeah, no idea.

So, Monday night I whipped up these invitations with the help of some stock illlustration. I was pretty happy with the result (considering the minimal effort involved). That is, until I showed them to Quinn to ask what she thought. 'Um. No mom," was her reply. "Not good."

I suspect she might be right, but, as I don't have time for re-do's, I'm afraid she's stuck with it. Luckily, she's only turning three. She'll forget all about the invitations by the time her party rolls around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home