Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy Accident



I love this bag. Even though it isn't at all the bag that I set out to make. I had planned to make a messenger bag and try out this new corner technique that Lynne had told me about when she looked at one of my recent bags. But, part way into it I realized that I hadn't considered how the messenger flap would work with those corners. So, I cut the top part off and decided to go with my normal button closure. Then I thought I should turn the bird fabric into a front pocket instead of just a decorative accent. I made the pocket and then realized again that now the corners wouldn't work. This time I abandoned the corners all together. I'm really happy with how it came out and am now thinking that this will be one of the patterns that I use for the bags I make for Patty Fair.

::The inside of the bag has one large Velcro pocket::


::I love the square hardware on the handles::

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey there! Thanks for commenting at my site. Now I'm so glad to have found you! Love your blog - and had to comment on this bag, it's wonderful!!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the way you used the bird on the front of this bag. Looks great and the colours and patterns are great together.
Thanks for dropping over to my blog. Hope to see you back and I too will see what you got up to on the weekend.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home