Monday, July 16, 2007

Sewing Break

I had grand plans last week - lots of sewing, lots of crafts with the kids. None of it got done. Now my head is cluttered with projects and I have very little time this week to get them turned out.

The good news is that people have gone mad for the elephant bag design and I have four custom orders! I should have bought more of that fabric when it was available. It's long gone now. But as I mentioned in a recent post, on my short list of things to do is fire up that large format printer of mine and print some fabric. I've got a cute elephant pattern running around in my head (they keeps bumping into that citrus pattern that's up there too). It would be lovely if I could get to that next weekend.

Even though there wasn't enough time for sewing last week, I was able to find a hour or so to surf around and get inspired.

One of the things I came across was this blog by Aline Yamada, a fine artist and illustrator living about a half mile from me here in Ohio. She makes lovely delicately coloured prints using a mixture of illustration and digital techniques.



I ordered these two prints from her and they are just as beautiful on paper as they are on screen. To see more, click onto Aline's etsy shop. When I received her package in the mail I realized that I've been jogging past Aline's house for the past two weeks on my new running route. Small world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home