Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gifts

Since unpacking those boxes kind of means closing the chapter on life at my previous job, I should probably mention that on my last day of work I got some really generous gifts from coworkers. I miss seeing those guys every day! Everyone there was so much fun.

Mike knew that I had been buying up old kimono silks for crafts and got me this on eBay.

And I know just the pattern I'm going to use to turn it into a handbag!

Jolie gave me this gorgeous necklace she brought back from a recent trip to Rome.


Another friend gave me a gift certificate to a local craft store so I could add to my fabric stash.

And finally, last but not least, I managed to (through completely legal means - but it's a long story) walk out the building with this...

Yep. An Epson 9600. It's beautiful. It prints on paper, canvas, cotton, silk, and wood veneer. It's amazing. And it's in my home office right now. I just got a fresh set of ink on the cheap from eBay. The package should arrive any day now. I feel some fabric design ideas coming on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home